3/04/2008

Tea with Jeannette

We have had a wonderful time here in New Plymouth and will be sad to leave. Bev and Mike have been wonderful hosts and have taken great pains to show us their city, of which they are justifiably proud. We have met so many interesting people. Today we had tea with Jeannette, who arrived here from London 44 years ago and hasn’t regretted the move for one minute. Once a teacher, (weren’t we all) she has carved out a new career for herself in her retirement. She is both a wedding and a funeral celebrant for people who wish to have non-religious ceremonies. I found this fascinating and wondered if I could do something similar; I will certainly look into it.

Tomorrow we are off to Hamilton where David wants to watch day two of the test match between New Zealand and England on Thursday – I, meanwhile, intend to shop and look at the city! On Friday we will carry on to Auckland where we will stay until the following Monday when we begin the next leg of our journey. It is possible that I will be unable to blog until we reach Thailand, our next destination. Until then, Hasta la Vista!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you have loads of fun til then...looking forward to the next post!
    Jxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the birthday text. Best wishes for your journey to Thailand and send my love to Glynn when you see him. xxx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to have your thoughts on any aspect of my blog.

Press Centre

Press Centre
I couldn't resist this one!