5/22/2009

Sumer Is Icumen In ...to Istanbul


Summer has come to Istanbul. The trees are in full bloom and the street cafés have removed their winter covers. We can, once again, sit on our balcony, overlooking Bagdad Street, and enjoy people and car watching while we savour our sundowners or enjoy our evening meal. It's fun to watch the comings and goings in our street and it affords us endless amusement.




Tomorrow I will be leaving this idyll for a time as I am off to England, to stay with Clare, John and Jessica. I promised Jessica that I would go to watch her ballet show this year and I'm also hoping to fit in a visit to Marilyn and Dick - watch this space! Meanwhile, as we gaze out over Bağdat Caddesi, we'll raise our glasses and say 'Cheers!' to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to have your thoughts on any aspect of my blog.

Press Centre

Press Centre
I couldn't resist this one!