8/19/2013

30 Day Blog Challenge, Day 13


So here is our conundrum for today in the 30 Day Blog Challenge!
"What three things would you most like your website to have 
and how will you go about getting them?"

This question in the 30 Day Blog Challenge has come at just the right time for me. At this moment I am in the middle of designing my new, more professional website on Wordpress.org. I must confess that I struggled with its beginnings. It has taken me two days to sign up to Hostgator and choose a webpage template that I think I can work with. Now I am researching plugins and widgets. My problem is that I have to check numerous articles on the best ones to install. This is not a necessity, checking numerous articles that is, but my typically endless search for information! I think this is the reason I have waited so long to make the leap from amateur to professional blogging. I have saved hundreds of webpages, and signed up to gazillions of eBooks, in my quest to find the perfect answer to all my questions. The answer so far might just as well be 42! Only Natalie has provided the spur I needed to take action.

The Three Things My Website Must Have

1  There must be many others like me out there, who keep searching and searching, but never take that first step. So the most important item on my new blog must be a call to action. Something that makes them say, "Yes, I'm going to do this!" Just like I did with Natalie's challenge.

2  I will have a strong, attractive design, as it will make people want to stay and explore my site.

3  An inspirational message at the head of my blog, that resonates with the type of people I am going to target.

Can I do it? Yes, I can!


30 day challenge

4 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth
    I've really been enjoying your posts on the 30 Day Challenge plus I love the photos you've been including.

    I think you are more than capable of getting your new website done. I can't wait to see it
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Andrea. I see you are doing the challenge too, although you already have your page up and running. Thanks for the encouragement. I'm going over to your page now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am. Its great fun isn't it! If you have any queries about setting up a wordpress site let me know. I'm not an expert but I'm more than happy to share what I've learned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea, I just might take you up on that. I am bound to hit snags along the way!

      Delete

I would love to have your thoughts on any aspect of my blog.

Press Centre

Press Centre
I couldn't resist this one!