8/27/2013

30 Day Blog Challenge, Day 22


These are all the places I have lived and worked in the world for any length of time, 
beginning in England.

We have entered the third, and final, stage of the 30 Day Blog Challenge. The title is, "How to become a pro at being homeless." This is definitely my area of expertise. The question we have to answer today is, 

"If you chose to live anywhere in the world, where would that be and why?"

Although I have been rattling around the world for a very long time, it may surprise everyone to know that I still cannot make that choice. It's similar to another question I am always asked, "Which country do you like the best?" I can't choose because I made my mind up many years ago, that to be truly happy, you have to love where you are, and make the most of the situation you are in. My mantra has always been, "Home is wherever I happen to be."

My situation is even more complex, because, although my husband and I are in Turkey, at the moment, I have one daughter living in Italy, one in South Africa, and one in Australia; although it does mean I get to travel - a lot! We are contemplating moving to Chiang Mai, in Thailand in the not-too-distant future, as that would be, more or less, equidistant from all three. We could move near to one or the other of them, but they all had a nomadic childhood, so there's no guarantee they won't suddenly up sticks and go elsewhere.

This year alone, I have been to Australia, Crete, Bulgaria, Italy (twice), and England, and we plan to go to South Africa in October, so settling for one country is very hard to do. I think I am going to have to fail today's challenge, as this is a question I cannot answer. I am happy with my nomadic life-style, and I don't want to have to stop; although, at my age, I'm going to have to finally decide one day.

30 day challenge

2 comments:

  1. I love your map! It is great that you have been fortunate to travel to all these unique places. Honestly, I think I failed Natalie's Q too because I list more than one.. lol. You'll definitely have a big choice ahead of you, when narrowing it down to just 1 location! Happy travels :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for loving my map, Olivia. Yes, I have been lucky. These are all the places I have lived, if I were to include all the places I have visited, you would hardly see the map for criss-crossed lines! I'm going over to look at your choices now.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to have your thoughts on any aspect of my blog.

Press Centre

Press Centre
I couldn't resist this one!